Journals for 8th Grade
The following are a list of the journal entries for 8th grade advanced language arts.
They will count for one test grade for the first six weeks. Each should be 3/4 of a page
1. Journal as you read
2. Character analysis worksheet
3. Which character from the novel do you identify with the most? Why? Use specific
examples from the story and your own life.
4. Stanley doesn't have many friends in school because he is overweight. What kind
of factors should be important in choosing friends?
5. Write a descriptive passage without using any form of the verb "be" (am, is, are,
was, were, be, being, been).
6. Write about two dynamic characters from the novel. How do you know they are
dynamic? Use story details in your answer.
7. Write a letter from Clyde to his personal physician which details his problem and
explains what it is like to be famous and have an embarrassing secret.
8. Open topic
Posted by 8thghms
at 2:26 PM CDT